Monday, May 14, 2012

Field of Mirth

Creative Tuesdays~Everyday Happiness
Unfortunately, sunflowers do not really fit into the catagory of "everyday", unless -of course- you make it so. I have cheated Mother Nature and arranged artificial sunflowers in an antique crock so that I do indeed get to enjoy them every day. And, if I squint my eyes, I can believe I am looking at the real thing...perhaps waving gaily in a field of gold.


Flowers have an expression of countenance as much as men and animals. Some seem to smile...like the broad faced sunflower.
~Henry Ward Beecher~





See what else is happening at Mr. Toast's Creative Tuesdays.

11 comments:

  1. Really nice. You know, and I learned something too, never knew Sunflowers are limited to a season, just love the way you like them so much you found away around the seasonal obstacle. Every time I think of sunflowers I think of one of Anne Geddes' pieces that my sister had hanging on the wall, and have ever since thought fondly of this flower. Great choice. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice ~ Sunflowers have always said happy to me, whether real or silk! They just make me smile! You should mat and frame this wonderful painting and hang it in your home for some more daily happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any flower with 'sun' in it's name has got to bring happiness, right? :) Lovely painting as always, janice...very cheery! There is a sunflower farm just outside our village. When it's in bloom, I'll have to take some pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful drawing. Sunflower is the symbol of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sunflowers are so cheerful. Love the way you have done the sky, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunflowers are such joyous flowers, and yours are no exception. A bautiful fresh painting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nothing happier than sunflowers when I think of it, you piece is so cheerful and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, well, I walk by a field of them anytime I walk around the lake near me, so that works! And, as it is, I did think sunflowers are very happy indeed as are these lovely renditions. TY, Janice. Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful flowers! cheerful and powerful, that's what they are

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sunflowers can't help but put a smile on your face. Your cheerful painting put a smile on my face, thank you..

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you.